Our promise to you:
This policy governs any kind of processing of personally identifiable information about natural persons, who are consumers of Stuffed States USA products or services (“personal data”), by Stuffed States of America, LLC. This policy applies to our processing of personal data collected through any means, actively as well as passively, online as well as offline, from persons located anywhere in the world. When you are using Stuffed States USA website, Stuffed States of America LLC is the data controller. Any question regarding our processing of personal data may be directed to:
- Customer Care Team
- Stuffed States USA LA, CA 90035 United States info@StuffedStatesUSA.com
1.General PrinciplesWe are guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specific and specified purposes;
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- We will retain personal data only for so long as it is necessary for the purpose
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will seek to verify and/or update personal data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
2. The legal basis for collecting data
In specific situations, we collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box or register your email to receive email newsletters. You can withdraw this consent at any time, for example, by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, for example, if you order an item for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to UPS/USPS.
In exceptional circumstances, if the law requires us to, we may need to pass data for law enforcement, for example, details of people involved in online fraud.
Transfer of personal data to third parties and/or other countries
As a general principle, we process personal data in order to facilitate or improve our offerings and services to you.
- We do not process personal data on behalf of third parties, nor do we sell personal data to, or share personal data with, third parties for their own, independent use.
- We do share personal data with third party service providers only when it is necessary to provide services that we don’t perform ourselves, for example, shipping of Stuffed States USA items, etc. This includes certain overseas providers such as delivery companies or payment service providers.
- We also use third party data hosting companies to store personal data collected by us in their servers, and to do data validation checks for us.
All data transfers to third party vendors or partners, including those listed as examples above will be subject to a written contract between us and the third party vendor or partner in question, and the vendor or partner will not have any authority to use such personal data for any purpose other than as instructed by us.
When relevant, personal information may be shared among the business units and entities inside Stuffed States of America LLC. We will disclose personal data when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
3. Processing of personal data through online shopping
When you use our service online or offline (e.g. ordering online via www.StuffedStatesUSA.com.com or via our customer care team, or otherwise), we will process transaction-related personal data, such as your first and last name, mailing and shipping address, phone number, email address, credit card or other payment information, and gender. We will also process information about your purchases with us. We will use such personal data to process and deliver your order, to provide notification of order status, and to update your profile periodically to ensure that we have the most accurate personal data available. We will also use said personal data to analyze customer behavior and to customize our communication with you, if applicable. In this respect, we may transfer tracking information about your use of our sites to external service providers, which will help us optimize your browsing experience. Optimization services will be performed under a written contract between us and any service provider. If you opt-in (or upon request), we will send you Stuffed States USA promotional and marketing emails. These may be targeted to you based on your purchase history or online browsing behavior.
4. Retention of personal data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted completely, or anonymized, so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way. When you place an order with us, we will ordinarily keep the personal data you give us for 5 years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations relating to the sale of goods. For nursery products we will hold the data for 10 years, and if your order included a warranty, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the warranty period. Shopping data security Access to a number of jellycat.com services are protected by access restrictions based on your email address and password. It is important that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others, and protect your password against disclosure. All external transmissions of payment data facilitated by us are protected by encryption. All data storage, at Jellycat Group operated computer facilities as well as at business partner facilities, will be subject to written contracts. Generally, processing of personal data will take place in accordance with applicable legislation and best practices concerning data security. Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s), and will not be stored by us for longer than it takes to process the data. Handling of personal data is controlled by documented policies and procedures, including strict physical and logical access control, security back-up, failover, anti-malware protection, monitoring and vulnerability detection mechanisms.
5. Stuffed States USA Customer Care
Please contact our customer care team with questions or comments related to Stuffed States of America LLC and our products and services. When you contact us, we will process personal data such as your email address, your gender, first and last name, mailing address, phone and/or cell phone number, and details of your comment as relevant.
- Whether you are already a registered customer, so we can make it easy for you to log into your customer account.
- Your language and region choice. This means that we can show you the most appropriate content for the region where you live
- Your shopping bag and shopping options.
- What products you view and buy in the store so we can provide you with suggestion
- What products and gallery entries you have rated and the rating you have given.
- Your movement on and usage of our sites. We do not collect personal data as part of this. We collect statistical data so we can optimize our site.
- Recently used data – to improve performance. In case we store personal data in a cookie, the information will be encrypted and thus safe.
We use third party companies as suppliers for some of our functions. Their use of the data is controlled by our contract with them, and they are only allowed to use the data strictly for the purpose we have stated e.g., the data is not used in connection with data from other companies and we are not tracking user behavior outside our own sites.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however we cannot guarantee an optimum experience without cookies.
7. Your rights over personal data
You have the right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you and to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to receive direct marketing material at any time. This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of Stuffed States of America LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
8.Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you would interact with us in-person, online or by phone or mail in the context of:Receiving Help through customer Service channelsParticipate in customer surveys, contests, coloring pages download; andFacilitation in the delivery of our Service and to respond to your inquiries
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
|Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you would interact with us in-person, online or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving Help through customer Service channels
- Participate in customer surveys, contests, coloring pages download; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Service and to respond to your inquiries
9.Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Targeting cookies/ Marketing Cookies
- Social Media Cookies
- Beacons/Pixels/ Tags Social Media Plugins: Facebook and Twitter. We use social media features, such as Facebook Like Button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button on our website. Such features may process your Internet Protocol (IP) address and track which page you are visiting on our Website. We may place a cookie to enable the feature to work correctly. If you are logged in on certain social media platform and you interact with a widget or button belonging to that social media platform, this information may be recorded to your profile of such media platform. To avoid this, you should log out from that social media platform before accessing or using Services. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide them. By clicking on one of those buttons, you agree to use of this plugin and consequently the transfer of personal information to the corresponding social media service. We have no control over the essence and extent of these transmitted data as well as their additional processing.
10. Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for business purposes. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Stuffed States USA has disclosed the following categories of personal information to a third party for a business or commercial purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as gender or date of birth.
- Category I: Commercial Information such as. Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
11. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 310-554-8855
- Visiting www.StuffedStatesUSA.com
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
13.Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Indio website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
14. Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Phone: 310-554-8855
- Website: www.StuffedStatesUSA.com
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.